The 4th of July is tomorrow.
I love the 4th of July!
My parents live a block away from where they launch fireworks every year for Independence Day. Every year we walk down to the launch site and watch the fireworks from right up close-
it. is. super. cool.
I have a confession. I have a strange/weird/stupid superstition about the 4th of July: however I spend the 4th of July is how I will spend the rest of my year. Weird, right?
But hey, this could be a good thing. I figure, I want to spend the 4th of July eating delicious food with people I love. Simple, right? Right.
Let’s make something delicious.
Let’s go to a barbecue. Wait. It’s the 4th of July. The grill the crowded! Let’s make something on the stove, yeah? Let all those people fight for room on the grill. You’re all set in the kitchen where there’s air conditioning.
Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks! I’ll be honest, you can totally use the grill to cook these. I, however, LOVE using the braising pan that Tyler gave to me. They cook slowly, and become soooooo tender and nom nom-ey!
Did I mention that these are super easy to make? Yeah. It’s pretty sweet.
Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks
1 cup teriyaki marinade (I use Mr. Yoshida)
2 tbs grated ginger
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
10-12 chicken drumsticks
1 tbs butter
2 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper
2/3 c water
- Combine the Teriyaki marinade with the ginger, lemon juice, brown sugar, and pepper flakes.
- Place marinate into a large zip-top bag along with the drumsticks.
- Seal, and smoosh it all around to get the drumsticks all covered.
- Allow to marinate in the fridge 2–6 hours.
- After they’re all marinated, add the butter and oil to your braising pan (if you don’t have a “braising pan” just use a big pan/pot/whatever that has a lid) over high heat.
- Place the drumsticks into the hot pan, and sear on both sides.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the water, and allow to cook slowly with the lid partially opened for half an hour.
- Chow. Down.
Let everyone fight over grill space, you’re using the stove! Boo yow!
Yum Foodie Foodie!