Dude. I cannot believe that it’s July! How did that happen? Time is flying by like mad crazy.
I just can’t believe that we’re in the throws of summer… it just doesn’t feel that way to me! Where’s my suntan? My vacation to the beach? My glass full of (maayyybbe spiked) lemonade and floppy hat? Okay, I lied. I do not own a floppy hat. But I will one day!
THIS is the first summer for me that hasn’t followed a crazy school year. THIS is my first summer all my own— a grown-up summer, full of working inside of an office building… where we don’t see much sunlight. AH! It’s time to seize some summer! I choose to do it via dinner.
I made this salad tonight—It reminds me of summer.
Avocados remind me of summer. Fresh corn reminds me of summer!
Get amped people. You’re about to make and consume what makes a warm summer afternoon absolutely awesome.
Fresh Summer Salad with Rotisserie Chicken
3 tbs. dijon mustard
2 tbs. honey
1/2 c. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1 head of romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
1 ear of fresh white corn, kernels cut from the cob
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
2 chicken breasts from a rotisserie chicken, shredded with a fork (No rotisserie chicken? No prob! Make this a meatless meal, OR just roast some chicken breast! Whatever floats your boat)
1. Put all of the dressing ingredients into a mason jar, stir with a fork, and then close the lid and shake shake shake it!
2. Put all of the salad ingredients (except the chicken and avocado) into a large bowl, a salad bowl—if you will.
3. Pour the dressing atop the salad and mix well.
4. Top with chicken and avocado.
5. Pour some sparkling water into a mason jar… (not the one with leftover dressing in it though) and chow down!
Yum Foodie Foodie!