Yeah…. I say “samwich”. I’m perfectly aware it’s “sandwich”, but if you know me or ever hear me say the word “sandwich” in person, it’s “SAMWICH”.
Anyway, I’ve been thinking a bit about samwiches… I feel like they’ve got a bad [w]rap (ha ha).
People always seem so bummed out when they’ve got a samwich at work… unless it’s from a delicious deli.Then they’re stoked. But layering different ingredients in between a starchy container (i.e. bread, a tortilla, a pita) is and always will be a great idea. Do you have a deadline to meet? Have to skip lunch? Whatever! Eat that perfectly contained pocket of nourishment with one hand while you work with the other, problem solved.
Just in case you didn’t gather this, I sort of consider “wraps” to be in the same category as “samwiches”.
Not to be confused with a burrito, which is something different all together. Have a little respect.
Anyway, there are times that I stand in front of the fridge in the morning before work, and just wait for inspiration about what to bring for lunch…
leftovers? Sweet. Hm… I wonder how old those are… when did I make…
SO- the long and short of it is: sometimes a girl needs to put something healthy, delicious, and satisfying in a tortilla and call. it. a. day.
HENCE Herby Chicken Wrap/Samwich. Proceed friends.
For two wraps (for you and your lunch buddy of course)
1 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (filleted) (don’t know how? Check this out)
2 tbs. canola oil
4 tbs. Herbs de Provence
several leaves of lettuce
1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
1/4 c. greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1. Start by putting 1 tbs of Herbs de Provence on each side of each piece of chicken. Salt and pepper.
2. Put the oil in a medium skillet over medium/high heat and add that chicken!
3. Cook on both sides until there’s a golden hue to it, and it’s cooked all the way through. Cut to strips.
4. Mix the greek yogurt and lemon juice (add a little salt and pepper), split between the two tortillas, and coat one side.
5. Add the lettuce, onions, and chicken breast. Wrap it up!
6. Bring to work and surprise your lunch buddy. Consume with a healthy side dish… like an apple, so you may avoid an afternoon food coma.
That’s a wrap!
sorry. had to.
Yum Foodie Foodie!